Other Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Red Scarf

 I'm scanning old photos -- and look, I found a picture of Victoria, our youngest, wearing the red polka-dot scarf that was my very first sewing project at age 7! My brother Loren (22 years older than me), who sold sewing machines back then, had just given me an older Singer, showed me how to use it, and helped me make that scarf, which matched my favorite red polka-dot dress. He showed me how to attach the ribbons, put navy lining on it, right sides to right sides, sew around the edges, leaving a hole by which to turn it, then how to turn it and hand-stitch the hole shut. You cannot imagine how delighted I was with both Singer and accomplishment. All the girls loved that scarf (probably because of the story I told them about it), but none more than Victoria. When she wasn't wearing it, she often put it on a big teddy bear that sat on her bed.


I made the doll dress, too, to match Victoria's Thanksgiving Day dress of 2000.







No comments:

Post a Comment