Other Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Clothes from Yesteryear 1

 I am in the throes of a large project:  scanning my old photos.  I have over 350 big albums, some of which contain 700-800 photos.  This is going to take a while!  I'm finding many photos of the children in clothes I sewed, some of which I'd forgotten all about.  

This first post is a random set of scanned pictures from framed shots.

Back row:  Joseph, Dorcas, Larry, Sarah Lynn, Hannah, Bobby, Esther, Keith, Teddy
Front row:  Caleb, Victoria, Lydia, Hester
I sewed the purple dresses and Victoria's flowergirl dress.  I don't recall if it was Hannah or me who sewed the Caleb's ringbearer's pillow.
June 25, 2000

Dorcas, Teddy, Joseph, Keith, Hannah, Hester, Victoria, Caleb, and Lydia
I did not sew Hannah's fuchsia top (or the boys' suits); we found it at a Goodwill somewhere.  We liked to call those stores 'GW Boutiques'.  😂
Autumn 1999

Dorcas, on her tenth birthday, July 4, 1992

Dorcas, Teddy, Hester, Joseph, Hannah, Keith, and Aleutia the Siberian husky.
I sewed Dorcas and Hannah's outfits.
Autumn 1990

Joseph, 7; Teddy, 8; Dorcas, 10; Keith, 12; Hannah, 11; 
Aleutia the Siberian husky; Lydia, 1; Hester, 3
July 04, 1992

Joseph,7; Teddy, almost 9.  I liked sewing boys' shirts; I could do two or three in a day, even when adding piping, western yokes, pockets, and shoulder epaulets.  Joseph always asked for a little slot in his left pocket, so he could carry a pen like his Daddy did.
July 04, 1992

Joseph, Hannah, Hester, Teddy, Esther, Keith, Caleb, Larry, Victoria, Sarah Lynn, Dorcas, Lydia
Norma gave me the fabric for Hester's, Lydia's, and Victoria's dresses.  Hannah's and Dorcas' dresses are of taffeta.  I didn't make my suit; my sister Lura Kay gave it to me.
March 1999


No comments:

Post a Comment